Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1 week left in the US

So I haven't left yet for Indonesia, but have spent the last few weeks getting everything ready. This Friday I will be leaving San Francisco and will not be returning for almost an entire year.

I will arrive in Jakarta for a week of orientation, followed by three weeks of training in Bandung, a city slightly southeast of Jakarta. My lackluster attempts to teach myself Bahasa Indonesia (the lingua franca of Indonesians) hopefully won't hold back my experiences for that initial time. Keep checking back for more updates!

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Jack. I know you will be speaking the language quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack,

    What a wonderful experience for you! I have no doubt at all that you will do an amazing job with EVERYTHING that you do in Indonesia. I can't wait to keep up with your activities while you are there.

    Safe travels! Gail Carlson

    PS For the record, this is the first blog I've ever done...If there are any technical issues, blame it on my inexperience!

    ReplyDelete